Today, we are sharing 10 lines essay on Gujarat. This article can help the students who are looking for information about Gujarat in English. This essay is very simple and easy to remember. The level of this essay is moderate so any students can write on this topic. This article is generally useful for class 1 to class 12.
10 lines on Gujarat in English
1) Gujarat is a state in India
2) The Name Gujarat is derived from the sanskrit term ‘Gurjaradesa’ meaning “The Land of Gurjaras” who ruled Gujarat in 8th and 9th centuries of Christ Era.
3) The area of the state is 196,024 km²
4) It is the 5th Largest state by area and 9th largest state by population.
5) The State is bordered by Rajasthan to the north, Maharastra to south,Madhya Pradesh to the east, and the Arabian sea and the Pakistani province of Sindh to the west.
6) Gujarati is the official language of the state.
7) Gandhinagar is the capital of Gujarat. This city is named after Mahatma Gandhi.
8) The largest city in Gujarat is Ahmedabad.
9) Ahmedabad, Baroda, Surat, Bharuch, Porbandar, Rajkot, Jamnagar are some important cities in Gujarat.
10) The Sabarmati is the largest river in Gujarat.
Gujarat is famous for its traditional clothing, food and natural landscape. Asiatic lions, Rann of Kutch (White Desert), colourful handicrafts, festival and culture are some of the things that make Gujarat famous.
Gujarat was also known as Pratichya and Varuna. The Arabian Sea makes up the state’s western coast. The capital, Gandhinagar is a planned city.
Gujarat is a flourishing state with cultural diversity. It is vibrant with its true colors of rich heritage and cultural traditions. Dating back to history with the Harappan civilization, the state becomes a confluence of many religions – Hinduism, Islam, Jainism and Buddhism.
We hope you all liked this short article on Gujarat Umbrella in English. You can also use this article as 10 lines about Gujarat in English in your school.