Today, we are sharing 10 lines on Somnath Temple This article can help the students who are looking for information about Somnath Temple in English and Hindi. This essay is very simple and easy to remember. The level of this essay is moderate so any students can write on this topic. This article is generally useful for class 1 to class 12.
Somnath is a magnificent temple located on the coast of Saurashtra in the state of Gujarat. The first Jyotirliga of the 12 sacred Jyotirlingams of Lord Shiva is here in Somnath. Somnath is also mentioned in the Rigveda. This temple of Somnath has stood firm against many destructive foreign invaders who were tempted by the fame of the temple to loot and convert. Whenever attempts have been made to destroy the temple, it has been rebuilt.
10 lines on Somnath Temple English,Hindi,Gujarati
1) Somnath Temple located in Prabhas Patan, Veraval in Gujarat, India.
2) The first Jyotirliga of Lord Shiva’s 12 sacred Jyotirlingas is here in Somnath.
3) Somnath is also mentioned in Rigveda.
4) According to the legend, Soma means Moon Lord built a temple of gold, Ravana of silver and Sri Krishna of sandalwood.
5) The first temple of Somnath is said to have come into existence 2000 years ago in the medieval era.
6) The temple was looted by Mughals many times.
7) Iron Man of India and first Deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel vowed to rebuild the temple on November 13, 1947.
8) On 11 May 1951 when the temple was consecrated, the then first President of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad performed the ritual of glorifying Jyotirlinga.
9) Today’s Somnath temple was built on its original site for the seventh time.
10) This temple of Somnath symbolizes the victory of construction over destruction.
1) सोमनाथ मंदिर प्रभास पाटन, वेरावल, गुजरात, भारत में स्थित है।
2) भगवान शिव के 12 पवित्र ज्योतिर्लिंगों में से पहला ज्योतिर्लिग यहीं सोमनाथ में है।
3) ऋग्वेद में भी सोमनाथ का उल्लेख मिलता है।
4) पौराणिक कथा के अनुसार, सोम का अर्थ है चंद्रमा भगवान ने सोने का मंदिर, चांदी का रावण और चंदन का श्रीकृष्ण बनाया।
5) कहा जाता है कि सोमनाथ का पहला मंदिर 2000 साल पहले मध्ययुगीन काल में अस्तित्व में आया था।
6) इस मंदिर को मुगलों ने कई बार लूटा था।
7) भारत के लौह पुरुष और प्रथम उप प्रधान मंत्री सरदार वल्लभभाई पटेल ने 13 नवंबर, 1947 को मंदिर के पुनर्निर्माण का संकल्प लिया।
8) 11 मई 1951 को जब मंदिर की प्राण प्रतिष्ठा की गई थी, तब भारत के तत्कालीन प्रथम राष्ट्रपति डॉ. राजेंद्र प्रसाद ने ज्योतिर्लिंग की महिमा का अनुष्ठान किया था।
9) आज का सोमनाथ मंदिर अपने मूल स्थान पर सातवीं बार बना है।
10) सोमनाथ का यह मंदिर विनाश पर निर्माण की जीत का प्रतीक है।
1) સોમનાથ મંદિર પ્રભાસ પાટણ, વેરાવળ, ગુજરાત, ભારતમાં આવેલું છે.
2) ભગવાન શિવના 12 પવિત્ર જ્યોતિર્લિંગોમાંનું પ્રથમ જ્યોતિર્લિગ અહીં સોમનાથમાં છે.
3) ઋગ્વેદમાં પણ સોમનાથનો ઉલ્લેખ છે.
4) દંતકથા અનુસાર, સોમ એટલે કે ચંદ્ર ભગવાને સોનાનું, રાવણે ચાંદીનું અને શ્રીકૃષ્ણએ ચંદનનું મંદિર બનાવ્યું હતું.
5) સોમનાથનું પ્રથમ મંદિર 2000 વર્ષ પહેલા મધ્યયુગીન યુગમાં અસ્તિત્વમાં આવ્યું હોવાનું કહેવાય છે.
6) મંદિરને મુઘલો દ્વારા ઘણી વખત લૂંટવામાં આવ્યું હતું.
7) ભારતના લોખંડી પુરુષ અને પ્રથમ નાયબ વડા પ્રધાન સરદાર વલ્લભભાઈ પટેલે 13 નવેમ્બર, 1947ના રોજ મંદિરનું પુનઃનિર્માણ કરવાની પ્રતિજ્ઞા લીધી હતી.
8) 11 મે 1951 ના રોજ જ્યારે મંદિરને પવિત્ર કરવામાં આવ્યું હતું, ત્યારે ભારતના તત્કાલીન રાષ્ટ્રપતિ ડૉ. રાજેન્દ્ર પ્રસાદે જ્યોતિર્લિંગના મહિમાની વિધિ કરી હતી.
9) આજનું સોમનાથ મંદિર તેની મૂળ જગ્યા પર સાતમી વખત બાંધવામાં આવ્યું હતું.
10) સોમનાથનું આ મંદિર વિનાશ પર બાંધકામની જીતનું પ્રતીક છે.
According to the legend, Soma means Moon Lord built a temple of gold, Ravana of silver and Sri Krishna of sandalwood.
Chandradev had 27 wives which we know today by the names of 27 Nakshatras. All of them were daughters of Daksha Prajapati. Among them, Chandra was always in love with his wife named Rohini. The remaining 26 wives, who were half sisters, became saddened by the loss of their husbands. One day father Daksha, knowing the pain of his daughters, ordered Dubhaya and son-in-law Chandra to have equal love with each wife. But Chandra disobeyed his elder’s order. So Daksharaj filled with anger and said to him, “May the moon and stars decay.” He gave such a curse.. Therefore, on the advice of Prajapita Brahma, Chandra along with his dearest wife Rohini meditated on Lord Shiva and did penance in this place with the hope of getting back ‘Prabha’. He worshiped Lord Shiva in this area with the Mahamrityunjaya mantra. Chandra was partially freed from the curse by the grace of Shiva Shankar, who was pleased with his penance. Since then, by the grace of Lord Shiva, the moon waxes for 15 days (Sud or Krishna Paksha) and then wanes for 15 days (Vada or Shukal Paksha).
We hope you all liked this short article on Somnath Tample in English. You can also use this article as 10 lines about Somnath Tample in English in your school.
10 lines on Somnath Temple PDF
FAQ on Somnath Tample
Answer: The site of Somnath has been a pilgrimage site from ancient times on account of being a Triveni Sangam (the confluence of three rivers: Kapila, Hiran and Saraswati).
Answer: Pratishtha King Nag Bhatt 2 constructed the temple for the third time in 815 using a red stone (sandstone) stone. In 1026, Mahmud Ghazni lent the precious jewels and property of Somnath temple.
Answer: Chandra meditated and prayed to Lord Shiva and Shiva gave Chandra the boon that he will grow back to his size. Today, the place where Chandra worshipped Lord Shiva is known as Somnath which means the ‘Lord of Moon